It would be great if we all had data to drive our decisions and processes — and used it. But the obstacles are so daunting that most of us can’t. Here are the top 6:
- Leadership from the top is mostly lacking.
- Data quality issues are omnipresent.
- Data science in marketing is not established (it may exist for production operations).
- Marketing lacks the technology platform for effective lead generation. Among the best prepared, the technology platform is full of holes.
- Operational tasks and organizational responsibilities are not identified and assigned.
- Skills for developing and executing methods to create data, analyze it, and communicate findings are very scarce.