What is Web Experience Management?
Web experience encompasses all types of digital interactions. We are accustomed to thinking of web interactions as taking place at a desk, using a PC. But today’s web-supported interactions also support interactions via mobile phones, tablets, email, chat, messaging, and kiosks. The web experience with a brand may occur on that brand’s properties, or on neutral territory such as Google search, magazines, blogs, or Facebook. Managing the web experience involves strategy, plans, tactics, practices and metrics. The purpose of web experience management is to optimize both the web experience and business results.
Value of Managing the Web Experience
Effective web experience management can deliver the following benefits:
- Better customer experience which is more efficient, engaging, and entertaining for the customer and more effective for your business
- Better customer relationships, resulting in greater commitment to your brand, and more frequent interaction
- Improved business results: increased revenue, increased profit, increased customer acquisition
- More control over the web experience, vital to marketing teams measured on results
- More consistent brand representation, both on- and off-property
3 Best Practices for Web Experience Management
Best practices are typically generic and either high level or extremely specific. This makes most best practice advice difficult to implement, and also somewhat risky. Best practices are really general guidelines that need some custom fitting in order to be effective for any specific business. Therefore, we construct best practices that are reinforced with concepts and principles for applying them to your business. For web experience management, we have identified three best practices to learn and apply, listed here:
- Design Personalized Experience To Engage Customers and Support Your Business
- Provision Your Organization for Success
- Monitor and Optimize Your Plan
We have identified nine principles that guide you in how to apply the best practices to your many and shifting situations. See Table.
|Web Experience Management Best Practices Summary|
|Design personalized experience to guide customers and support your business||
|Provision your organization for success||
|Monitor and optimize your plan||