Personalization Basics: Maxymiser Customer Profile
Maxymiser is a digital marketing suite with solutions for optimization, testing and personalization. Products include MaxTEST, MaxSEGMENT, MaxPREDICT, MaxRECOMMEND, MaxSOCIAL, MaxMOBILE and MaxINSIGHT. These connect across a common UI and platform.
The company was founded in 2006. It is headquartered in New York with offices in Chicago, Edinburgh, Dnipropetrovsk, Dusseldorf, London, Munich and San Francisco.
What Customer Data is Used?
Maxymiser uses customer data to prepare its predictive models; discover segments; identify best performing customer experiences; identify best-performing segments; identify most significant customer attributes; and to specify and apply rules set by marketers to control campaigns and customer experiences. I reviewed Maxymiser’s UI in an earlier post.
Maxymiser’s suite of solutions can use any customer attributes, whether provided by the customer profile; created by Maxymiser analysis; provided by third parties such as Facebook and Experian; and created by Maxymiser’s observation of visitor behavior. I describe Maxymiser’s personalization capabilities in another post.
Attributes fall in the following categories:
• Software: e.g. browser name, version, device; language code; operating system; screen resolution
• Location: e.g. continent, country, region, city, longitude/latitude; postal code, DMA code, area code. Provided by profile or third party data; and/or IP-derived.
• Traffic source: e.g. search engine, search engine keyword, referrer, entry point, entry time/day/week.
• Generation: e.g. campaign response, last visit, segment rule
• Personalization criteria: any custom attribute; social media information
• Visitor activity: e.g. 3 most recent actions (basket, prod click, checkout)
• Recency: day, month, year, past 3-7 days, past 1-2 days, today
• Visitor age to site: new, month, year, week
• Frequency: visits during this week, 2 wks ago, 3 wks ago.
• Action filters: hour, page, referrer, time to action, attributes (eg revenue, size, last purchase)
What Customer Data is Created and Stored?
Maxymiser assigns a visitor ID, which it maps to customer profile ID, for connecting visitor activity across channels and over time.
Maxymiser creates visitor segments based on its analysis of customer behavior; and creates recency, frequency, and activities data from observing visitor behavior. All of this information is stored for Maxymiser’s use, and is accessible to clients via APIs and batch download.
How is Data Stored and Shared?
Maxymiser visitor information is stored in an SQL style database. The visitor data is stored on Maxymiser servers, in Maxymiser’s data center. The data is loaded into memory for fast access during runtime.
Maxymiser’s APIs allow clients to dynamically update their customer profile databases, both Maxymiser’s version and the client’s own version. On a batch basis, the Maxymiser integration hub manages scheduled imports and exports of customer data. Data can be imported to Maxymiser from third parties and from the client’s data stores. Maxymiser’s UI guides clients in mapping fields across Maxymiser and client databases.